Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Mischievous Monkeys

A couple weekends ago I took a weekend trip to beautiful Manuel Antonio. Manuel Antonio is really the best of both worlds with amazing rain forests, hiking, and a great national park PLUS gorgeous scenic beaches. I was sad to spend my birthday away from loved ones. But if it had to be that way at least it could be in a tropical paradise.

I had MANY encounters with wild animals there. Mostly monkeys, but you can also throw in a good number of reptiles, crustaceans, and insects. I wouldn't have guessed, but the monkeys are the ones that gave us the most problems. While swimming in the oceans, a swarm of monkeys came. We all started taking pictures of them. While distracted, more monkeys came from the other side of the beach and started taking things from our backpacks! I swear they were pulling a Yogi Bear and Boo Boo scam on us. Seriously, they had definitely done that before. I caught a little bit of it on video. After they drank all the eye drops and chewed through all the sunscreen they took, they then just started showing off for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment