Friday, July 3, 2009

Overview

For the past two years I was a Teach For America corps member teaching 3rd grade at LeNoir Elementary (woot woot!) in Donna, Texas. This was an amazing experience – amazingly wonderful and amazingly challenging. I strongly considered staying a third year at my placement school. However, when some international teaching opportunities arose I decided the timing for this was right. So, with GREAT sadness, I bid farewell to my beloved students, co-workers, friends, domestic partner, and fellow TFAers in south Texas.

Continuing with my trend of moving progressively further south, for my next adventure I will be tearin' up Costa Rica. I'll be teaching 3rd grade at Country Day School in Escazu which has an American-based curriculum and a little over 1,000 students in k-12. The population break-down is about 1/3 North Americans, 1/3 Costa Rican nationals, and 1/3 from around 30 other countries.

In effort to help you keep tabs on me I’ve created this blog for my two years in Costa Rica. Please, puh-leeez keep in touch!!!!! My family (love you, muah!) and friendships are extraordinarily dear to me. So, let's not be strangers! Contact me through skype, email, gchat, phone, and snail mail. And there is always, eh hem, decently priced plane tickets. Did I mention that Costa Rica is a beautiful country?

No comments:

Post a Comment